Saturday, May 7, 2011

Movie Review: Solomon Kane

So the other day I found out there was a Solomon Kane movie, which I had never heard about, so I decided to check it out. Basically, it was fucking awesome. It starts out straight away with some badass action and creepy demon shit. After that, it does drag for a while, and I kept thinking to myself, "When is he going to get his damn hat!"

I've only read a handful of stories concerning Solomon Kane, and the movie definitely seemed a lot more super-heroic than the stories, but it was a fine film nonetheless, with a healthy dose of creepiness to it. Also, I don't recall any of the movie's content in any of the stories I've read, so I can't say what sorts of liberties were taken. This may well have been a benefit, as I am generally disappointed by a film when I am well-acquainted with the source material.

In a nutshell, I highly recommend checking it out. As with any film based on well-loved literature, try to judge it based on it's own merits, as a standalone thing, rather than comparing it to it's source material.

1 comment:

As long as this isn't nonsense spam, I'll approve your comment.